Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here we go ...

I've successfully completed my first few weeks of nursing school. I can't really comment on how the workload is because I've yet to have an exam or anything graded.
 
As for myself (aka a mess), I can definitely comment on that.
 
When I finally decided to apply to nursing school, I was nervous but excited. I wasn't sure if I'd even get in, much less be good at it or enjoy it. I got in and then things got real.
 
I had to find money to pay for (very expensive and private) tuition, bills, day care, etc.
Register for classes.
Buy uniforms, scrubs.
Figure out how to motivate myself to study because ALL of my classes are online.
ALL.
 
Let's just say the library and I have become well acquainted these last few weeks.
 
In the first few days of classes officially starting, I was full of butterflies (and an upper respiratory infection). I quickly doubted myself.
 
Is this something I CAN do?
Am I sacrificing too much?
How much debt will I actually accrue?
Should I just drop out and work until I become a SAHM?
Why did I want to do this in the first place?
 
Lots of doubts and questions bombarded me in that first week. I still am a little nervous, but feeling much more confident that I chose the right path for myself and my family. I know that in the end this is really what I want to do (and will be great at).
 
One reason I know is because I've read every word of every chapter and studied like crazy in just a mere week-and-a-half. I love this information and just inhale it; soak it all in. I can't help but ask myself why I wasn't in nursing school to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment