Friday, July 27, 2012

Checking In

I'm having a bit of bloggers-block so I am linking up to kjpugs' blog and doing a "check in" to let you all know what's going on in my life here lately.

Obsessing Over: I need this owl fabric. Like ASAP. I have a serious Etsy problem. I'm surprised my husband hasn't figured out a way to block the app on my iPhone by now. This fabric is SO cute and I want to sew a bunch of cute stuff. I usually have a problem with buying/swooning over fabric and not really knowing exactly what to make with it. If I bought this, what should I make with it?


Working On: Currently my goal (around the house anyways) is to get organized and figure out some storage solutions for us. The guest closet is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen and our garage looks worse than the storage units on Storage Wars. You couldn't even fit a Smart car into it. (Not that a Smart car is a REAL car anyways.)

Thinking About: Fall. I can't wait until fall weather and food comes into season. It's my favorite season! The only down side is that winter is right around the corner usually.

Anticipating: Working out again. I've hired a trainer at work to kick my butt into shape and I've scheduled two-days-a-week for a month to start and I'm definitely wanting to improve my eating habits to lose this baby weight and get back under 200lbs. I've NEVER been this big before and I'm not exactly happy about it. I really just want to feel good about myself and comfortable in my clothes again.

Listening to: The quietness of my home. The A/C is off (luckily, it's freezing in here), kiddo is upstairs dreaming his little heart away, and the hubby is pecking away at his laptop. I did hear a great Regina Spektor song while having dinner tonight at McAlister's and thought that was kinda cool. I don't think I've ever heard her on the radio before. She's one of my absolute favorite singers!

Regina Spektor - Fidelity

Drinking: McAlister's (super duper ridiculous) sweet tea. What else would I be drinking? :)

Wishing: That I didn't have to work, I could see my friends more, and be a stay-at-home momma. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd want to be a mom, much less stay at home and not have an actual corporate-type of career. I've always been career driven.

Anyways, before I open a whole can of worms, that's about it for me here. Working (which I need to also update everyone on) has taken up about 80% of my time so very little is left for the blog. I am going to hopefully be posting some weight-loss progress pictures though because I fully intend to make noticeable progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment