Sunday, July 22, 2012

a mix "tape" of sorts

I'm feeling crafty lately, especially with all of the Pins that I've pinned on, well, you know the site. :) I definitely have been getting to some of them and my goal is to get one big one (that requires quite a bit of construction on our part) done in the next year; hoping by Christmas, but that might be pushing it.

Even with all the great ideas out there, I came up with one for a friend of mine's baby shower. Her and I have a "special" relationship and clsoeness that you want in a best friend. You fight, you make up. You have kids, you go 3 years without seeing each other. When you do see each other again, you scream, cry and talk like it's only been a week. (And that's why I love you, my dear!)

I thought I should make a funny CD of some songs that would make her laugh and just help her to feel better in these last few weeks of pregnancy. So, I made her a mix "tape" of some oldies.


I think when she first saw it, she thought it was a serious, relaxing CD of labor music. I laughed and told her she might want to read the enclosed letter before taking it to the hospital. ;)

The letter reads:

Dear Colleen, 
I know that labor can’t be an EASY thing, but I wanted to give you a CD of some songs to keep you from getting too HOT BLOODED at the hospital.
Please be sure to check your car and make sure you have more than just ONE HEADLIGHT working, because you never know when you’ll go into labor. (Although I WISH we could get a schedule or something. Just one of those THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM.)
When you check into the hospital, with JACK AND DIANE, make sure you tell them that you’re here to have a baby. (You know, since you’ll look smokin’ hot so they won’t know.)
Just keep your eye on the prize: e.p.i.d.u.r.al. It’ll feel like you’re on a MAGIC CARPET RIDE. At that point, the nurse will probably tell you that TIME IS ON MY SIDE. Just stay calm and listen to EVERY LITTLE STEP the labor & delivery staff tells you to follow. At that point, there’s no turning back. Just keep telling yourself that this is 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT.
I just know that you’re going to be thinking you wish you had a girl to call YOUR WOMAN, but count your blessings because GIRLS AIN’T NOTHIN’ BUT TROUBLE. Here’s a suggestion for Adam in the delivery room: once the baby comes, it’s completely appropriate to run around the room fist-pumping while screaming, “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.” (Trust me…)
Now even when you see that adorable baby boy’s face, there’s NO DIGITY (NO DOUBT) that you will get HUNGRY EYES. My advice would be to tell Adam, “KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF” and concentrate on what a wonderful, complete family you have. And for goodness sake, pour yourself a glass of RED RED WINE!
Always my love,
Kelly


If you hadn't noticed, some of the words/phrases are bolded and in all capital letters. Yes, those would be the songs (in order) that are on the CD that was enclosed. She loved it! I even made a copy for myself because the songs are too funny. :)

The easiest way I did this, was to start with a couple of songs and try to write the letter. With each new song that I found on my Brad's iTunes play list, I tried to make a sentence with it and then put it in order on the CD where it appeared in the letter. That way, the letter made more sense when reading it.

I'm not the craftiest person in the world, but I hope this inspires you all to do something nice for somebody else or just to be creative on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment