Monday, October 17, 2011

New Job

I've been very actively applying and interviewing for any and all kinds of jobs since last summer (2010)when I left my going-nowhere job as a telephonic health coach. Just recently have I actually had interviews that went really well and I received a job offer from one particular company. I'm very proud to announce that I'll be employed full-time starting October 24th.

If you're doing your math correctly, you know that is just one week away. It's short notice, yes, but I am eager to start although saddened that I don't get to see my sweet baby all day, every day. I really wish one of my parents or someone close to me was retired and/or wanted to watch him for us. Day care isn't something either of us are looking forward to, but it should be good for him to interact with other babies. He's so interested in them right now whenever we go to the support group.

I don't know my orientation schedule, normal working hours or even when I'm actually going to start since my first day is at the corporate office. When I know more, I will explain, but until then I'm enjoying what little time I have left with my sweet baby.

Also, I still work PRN at my hospital job and I work the last two Sundays in October so I'll be working 6 days a week for a little while. Two days a month doesn't seem like a lot until you get a 5-day-a-week job and then it feels like you never get a weekend off.

My biggest concern with going back to work is that we'll have to revert to formula, which has been my fear all along. Well, I wouldn't call it a fear so much as a disappointment (if it were to happen). I got some great advice at group today from the lactation consultant on how to pump and keep my supply ample. Plus I have a great friend that exclusively pumped for most of her daughter's first year so I know she is a fantastic resource too!

I am so very excited for my new position and can't wait to get back into the working world (ah hem .. and have Christmas money). This will be such a hard transition, though, not being able to see my sweet baby every day like I do now. In the end it will be good for both of us to have some "social" time I guess. We'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment