Monday, May 7, 2012

Updates and fun things

I'm protesting the new blogger, but I know you all need an update on what's been going on with Camden so I'll bite my tongue and write this. ;)

We have enrolled him in infant swimming lessons at the Natatorium. They last the entire month of May and he has a blast!


At first, I thought it was going to be very unorganized and just be us in the water with him, letting him splash around. So far in only two lessons, we have dunked him, put him on his tummy, put him on his back, he's jumped from the side of the pool, and used a noodle! This week we are teaching him to float on his own. I'm SO nervous but I know he will do great since he is a little fish already!


We also have been visiting grandparents a lot and I have been practicing more with my camera. If only I were brave enough to venture out on my own and take more classes and do this for a living. (I wish..)


Here are Cam and I with his new life jacket grandpa got him for the lake! It was so heavy and awkward, he couldn't even sit up with it on. Haha. I know he will love the lake though (once the water is up and we can go enjoy it).


I am also very invested in planning his first birthday party. I have so many ideas and it's sometimes hard to put them all together, but we have a few things planned out already! The menu, for the most part, is planned so I just need to get some recipes together. The cake I'm still on the fence about. Cupcakes for guests or a big cake? I'm thinking a big cake for Cam and cupcakes for guests. Less clean-up and I can tend to Cam the entire time without stopping to cut it, serve it, etc. I can't believe he's closing in on 1 year!!! Hard to believe my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment