Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peas and Carrots

You know that saying, ".. like peas and carrots"? Well, for Camden it's not a walk in the park.

Earlier in the week I tried to give him peas in a desperate attempt to clear his bowels and give him more vegetables. He was okay with them, but his body totally rejected it. He kept throwing up pea-colored green whenever he did tummy time or was wiggling around the floor. This happened two days in a row.

So, no more peas for a while.


Yesterday I tried to give him some carrots. Don't worry, I bought the organic kind. He absolutely despised them. I was so shocked! Carrots must be an acquired taste (like avocado once was for me). It was the first food he wouldn't open his mouth for and would even push the spoon away.

Side note: The pictures I took of him after he ate the carrots made it look like he had red around his eyes and his face. He was coughing quite a bit more than usual (not choking or anything) so I'm wondering if that was a very mild allergic reaction. Hmm.


Finally I decided to trick him and mix avocado in with it and he reluctantly ate most of it. I just hope he's not going to be as picky of an eater as his mom and dad. Dad won't eat any green vegetables except for very buttered/salted green beans and the occasional iceberg salad (aka non-nutritious foods). Mom is more open now, but used to never eat any meat besides chicken and the occasional burger. Trust me, I'll eat almost anything nowadays .. darn breastfeeding appetite!

One barrier with the baby is the list of foods he can't or shouldn't have right away, especially since he is constipated and NOTHING is helping! Also, I need more ideas of vegetables and other foods to make for him. One new food I thought of tonight was broccoli. I love broccoli so that should be fun to make. I'm definitely getting a lot more use out of my steamer nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment