Friday, January 13, 2012

First Hair Cut

Wild man's hair has been cut for the very first time! I can't believe we actually waited until he was 6 months to do it, but it was long overdue. We just trimmed it about a week ago and he almost needs it done again!

His hair was in his eyes, almost to the tip of his nose, and covering his poor ears!

Before

After

Yes, my son is a certified hunk. :)

Anyways, I called around to my hair stylist (who never called me back. thanks a lot Kristi.) and Cookie Cutters, which is a local place that is a kids-only cutting salon. It's quite popular around here. They took their sweet time calling me back, too, so I decided that since he just needed a trim around the edges that I would go ahead and do it. I actually used to cut my own bangs so I had the proper scissors to do so.

I started by laying him down on the floor so that he didn't move his head around too much. I made sure to not ever point the end of the scissors towards his face and voila! Hair cut for baby! I don't think I got it exactly straight, but as much as he was moving around, I probably did just as good as anyone else would've. So my baby is growing up and is now a big boy. A big boy with lots of hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment