Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day care woes

I went to day care. My husband (just found out), he went to day care as well. I am not against day care, but I have worries. I don't want to miss the milestones. I want him to learn to say "mama" before he says the caregivers names. I know that nobody will ever watch him, play with him or love him like I do. It's so hard to have to return to work (whenever I do).

Lately I've been touring day care centers but none of them have been "good enough" for our sweet Camden. Yes, there is one place I really like more than the others, but it's still never going to be the same as being home with mommy. I'm almost in tears trying to write this...

We need income from mommy while daddy continues his studies and certifications. I also love being around adults and having some time away from all things baby, although when I do I just worry about him constantly. Maybe getting a full-time job will help me to balance everything. I'm sure I'll still see him on weekends and week nights. I'll still get to breastfeed him once in a while (that is, hoping that he transitions breast to bottle okay). This is going to be so hard.

I never ever wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM), but here lately it's sounding more and more appealing. I love my son. I'm not saying people that work or send their kids to day care don't, but I just don't want to be away from him. Ever. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment