Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm usually not one to celebrate "Hallmark holidays" but I'm going to use every excuse to make chocolate-covered strawberries.


Okay, okay, quit drooling already!

This will be my first Valentine's Day as a mom, not that it's a big deal (I mean Mother's Day is going to be so great!) I did want to do something special for my husband since he's been a HUGE help lately with the up-all-nighters, crying, teething, etc. I really just need to not be so harsh on him when he tries to help me out around the house; or otherwise.

Being a mom has made me realize that my OCD/Type-A personality has to be put on the back burner. I can't fully expect the house to be spotless when people come over. Nor can the dishes always make it into the dishwasher by the end of the night (or week, for that matter.) At the end of the day, I know I can always count on him to be there for me. Through the mood swings and rants, he's always so forgiving and I absolutely love that about him. <3

I know I'm getting all mushy and I'm not even the flowers-and-chocolate type of girl, but I just wanted to write something short and sweet to thank him. Thank you.

Also, thank you for giving me the most beautiful son I could've ever asked for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment